This interview is with Bertrand Pecquerie, CEO and founder of the Global Editors Network, a non-profit association that brings together editors-in-chief and senior news executives from all platforms (print, digital, mobile or broadcast) around the common goal of defining the future of journalism. In this discussion, we discuss how media companies are evolving, the use of big data and virtual reality in media and the viability of long form journalism.
Below, you’ll find the show notes and, of course, you are invited to comment. If you liked the podcast, please take a moment to go over to iTunes to rate the podcast.
BTW: If you are using Stitcher, my podcast is now available here.
To connect with Bertrand Pecquerie:
- You can find Bertrand Pecquerie on Twitter: @Bertrandp
- Global Editors Network (GENInnovate) on Twitter
Sites mentioned by Bertrand:
- Upcoming GEN Hack Days - Paris (@LeParisien) (Mar 26-27), Warsaw (Mar 30-31), Istanbul (April 16-17)
- GEN Summit in Barcelona – 17-19 June, 2015 - On news and wearables, mobile news and data journalism
- Le Parisien app being launched in April
- Wibbitz - news service that converts text to video
- About Swiss Leaks via Wikipedia - journalistic investigation of tax evasion in Switzerland
- MIT Karim Ben Khelifa – “The Enemy”
- Project Syria
- Annenberg Institute
Further resources for the Minter Dialogue Radio Show:
Meanwhile, you can find my other interviews on the Minter Dialogue Radio Show on Buzzsprout or via iTunes. Please don’t be shy about rating this podcast on iTunes here! And for the francophones reading this, if you want to get more podcasts, you can also find my radio show en français over at: MinterDial.fr, on Buzzsprout or in iTunes.
Music credit: The jingle at the beginning of the show is courtesy of my friend, Pierre Journel, author of the Guitar Channel. And, the new sign off music is “Finger Paint,” written and performed by Josh Saxe, produced by Chase Geiser. Here’s a link on iTunes. I invite you to take a spin on Pierre’s podcast or listen to more of Josh’s music!